Friday, January 27, 2012

Other Visitors

Well, it looks like finding the perfect kitten is going to have to wait a little due to the arrival of an unexpected visitor.

My mother-in-law was visiting several weeks ago and of as usual brought her 2 shih tzus with her.  A couple of days before she had to leave back to Mexico, someone actually stole her girl dog, Rosy.  She checked the pound and the vets in town, but no luck.  She ended up having to leave for Mexico without her beloved dog.  About a week afterwards, the girl who stole Rosy took her to the pound after her apartment complex wouldn't let her keep the dog without additional deposits and such.  This was right after we had returned our kitten to her old home.  So we got to go pick up Rosy and keep her at the house until my MIL could return from Thailand and come take her dog home.

On top of that, it turns out that she was pregnant.  So a couple weeks ago we woke up to the sound of a little puppy in the house.  The girls have just loved having a brand new baby puppy.  They can't wait until I will let them carry the puppy around with them everywhere they go.  As it is, I have to keep telling them to put the puppy back in the box (Rosy gets very nervous when the girls start carrying her baby around.)

Here it is just after being born:



 Here's some more recent ones:


It really is quite cute.

On a different note, I also finally learned how to do a fishtail braid.  (basic I know, but I've never done it before.)  I thought it turned out really neat.

No comments: