Sunday, May 29, 2011

Move In

The past week has been mostly packed full of moving.  But after many long days and a whole lot of help from many friends, we are finally pretty much settled in our friends' lovely home.  They are wonderful, generous, people to have opened up their home to us like this.  We really have been soooo blessed for all the friends we have the privilege of knowing down here.  The girls are having a blast playing with their friends' toys all day and playing with all the animals.  They have 4 dogs, 2 cats, a bunny, and a bunch of chickens.  (Anyone who knows how I feel about dogs can sympathize with me on that account.  Luckily they are mostly outside dogs.  I can deal with that.)  They also have a couple acres, so the girls are able to go out and play on their own without my having to worry about traffic or strangers.  Princess M has been loving the freedom.

I've also joined a meal exchange group.  We had our first exchange last Friday.  It was great!  I took 2 freezer meals that we had already eaten a lot and gotten tired of, and 3 jars of the salsa I had made this week, and was able to trade them all for 2 new and different meals, a chef salad to go with them, and a berry pie.  The same amount of food that I came with, but all new and exciting things to try.  I think I'll make a few more meals and sides for next time.

Our choir sang today in Sacrament (my last time as the choir director in that ward).  We sang an arrangement of "Praise to the Man" that my brother put together.  We only had 2 people on each part (8 total in the choir) but it still sounded great; and we got a LOT of compliments on the piece afterwards.  (Thanks Don!)  It was a great way to end my career as a choir director.  Next week, we start attending the 2nd ward, which will be fun getting to know new people, but sad to leave behind the friends we've made in the 3rd ward.  I wonder how they'll put us to work here.  I definitely will be more dedicated to attending ward choir, now that I've been a director and know how it feels to only have 1 person show up for practice.

So, we're busy, but we're doing well.  And we're very grateful!

1 comment:

Don said...

Very nice. Got a text from Chris Bergmark saying that he directed a Single Adult choir this past Sunday, and they also sang that same arrangement of "Praise to the Man".

So dang it, we were going to send Princess M a puppy for Christmas - something really yappy and slobbery. Now I gotta think up something else...