Sunday, June 3, 2012

Getting Creative

I ran across a tutorial on u tube for "water marbling" your fingernails.  
Tried it.  Loved it! 
  I couldn't stop looking at them all week.  And since they are a thinner coat than usual, they lasted all week too.  This photo was taken a week after I painted them.  I'm hooked!

May is graduation month here.  I got commissioned to make a graduation cake based on the Dr. Seuss book "Oh, the places you'll go."  I haven't made a cake in years, so I really had fun with it.  

I made my first topsy turvy cake, and had some fun with fondant.  (There was a little yellow guy flying his balloon on the other side of this cake, that didn't show up in the photo.)
I tried to make the inside as fun as the outside too.  The bottom layer was a yellow and pink checkerboard (strawberry lemonade flavored).  The middle layer was this rainbow cake (almond cake batter with raspberry frosting); it was by far my favorite.  And the top was a Boston cream filled chocolate cake.  
Thank you Maryle for the wonderful recipes!

1 comment:

Maryle said...

The cake looks awesome! great job. I'm glad it all worked out for you.