Sunday, April 1, 2012

Snow Day in Utah

Since Grandma and Grandpa and Great-Grandma weren't able to stay very long, I decided on the fly to take a week off from work and follow them back to Utah with the girls in tow.  My Aunt Karen was getting married the following week, and we decided to show up for the family gathering.  We caravaned with my parents, and Princess M got to ride a lot of the trip in their car.  My brother and his family live close by too, and since my girls just love playing with their kids, we ended up staying at their home most of the time.

To the girls' delight, it snowed soon after arriving.  We don't get much snow in Arizona, so this was quite the novelty.  They borrowed a little snow gear and spent a good part of the day out rolling snowmen, making snow angels, and throwing snowballs.  It was fun to watch!

I couldn't believe how much snow they were lifting.  Those snow men parts get heavy!




Banana Girl with her Snow man.

Princess M with her Snowman (she actually pretty much made both, but she generously gave one to Banana Girl.)


Little Mouse didn't so much want to be outside, she just really didn't like it when I went outside to take pictures.  Poor Boodle!

All in all, the time in Utah flew by.  The wedding was a blast, getting to see so many of my aunts, uncles, and cousins that I haven't seen in just forever.  It's wonderful to see how everyone is growing and changing, and having kids, etc.  And it was great for my girls (and especially the youngest) to spend some time with their grandparents and cousins, and get to know them all over again.


No comments: