Sunday, January 16, 2011

Road Trip (Part 3): Christmas & New Years in Utah

For the last week of my trip I met up with my dear husband and darling kids in Utah at my brother's house.  Don and Tami very generously let us stay over a week, from before Christmas until New Years.  It was so great to spend the time with them and their family for so long. 


Recognize these, Lynda?  Alex's mother gave the kids these cute fuzzy ear muffs.  Banana Girl loves hers so much, she still wears them around the house as a fashion statement, whenever she finds them.

We all got black & red Minnie/Mickey jammies for Christmas eve this year.  Here's me and my girls hanging out on the couch Christmas morning.  Is it just me, or does Minnie look pregnant too?
 Alex sporting his new jammies and reading.

Princess M and her cousin A, who is just a little older, were thick as thieves the whole week.  In fact we hardly saw her from sunup until sundown, while we were there.

Banana Girl with her gift from her sister.  It's just a little Winnie the Pooh figurine from the dollar store, but Princess M bought it with her own money, and Banana Girl loved it best.  (Now if I could just find a way to keep a pair of pants on that girl...)

We got to spend a couple nights at Great Grandma Kidman's house and with Jared & Maryle's family.  We also took an evening to go see the lights on Temple Square and share some hot chocolate & appetizers at Denny's.  Denny's gave us a private room to contain all the kids.  It was really a lot of fun. 

After ringing in the New Year with games, movies, and family; we took off the next day for home again.  It was sad to say goodbye, and we're so grateful to everyone that hosted both me and my family over this whole trip.  It really has been quite the adventure; and just so good so see so much of the family. 

We're finally now getting back into a rhythm here in Sierra Vista again.  I've been called as the Ward Choir Director, and am busy trying to figure out all that I need to be doing.  Alex is out of town this week with work again.  So it's just me and the girls for a little while.  They really are good girls most of the time though.  I appreciate how much they are willing to help me out.  I've really been blessed.  I need to remember that when I start losing my temper; which happens more often when Alex is gone.

No comments: